Reasons to Smile.
1. Attending my very first Veggie Prom with the hubby this weekend in Brooklyn!
2. Watching Marisa Wolfson of Kind Green Planet and David Benzaquen of Farm Sanctuary win Prom Queen and King at Veggie Prom!
(Being nominated myself wasn't too shabby either!)
Want more details about my experience at the Prom? Don't fret -
I'll be posting about it this Thursday!
3. Kate Wolff of Evolve Accessories designing a beautiful vegan necklace for me that I wore all weekend with my family.
Exciting news for fans of Kate's jewelry - next week, Kate and I are teaming up for an interview - and GIVEAWAY! - which will include a video interview with her adorable three year-old son Shane! Stay tuned!
4. "Lindsay, is seaweed vegan?"
- Oliver, one of the kids I babysit, checking in with me to make sure I could share his seaweed snack with him (yes, on top of being totally cute, Oliver loves seaweed - too much...)
5. A birthday picnic this weekend for my mom at the Boston Commons that included Vegan BLT's and Buffalo Tempeh Sandwiches from The Other Side Cafe. Amazing.
6. Sipping on an organic margarita with agave nectar - is there anything better?
7. Reading up on vegan ultramarathoner Scott Jurek, who set a new record at the World Champion Race this past weekend. Check out Ecorazzi's article about him here!
8. Farm Sanctuary founder Gene Baur being featured on 50Plus Prime, an online news program for baby boomers - check out the video clip here!
9. Speaking of Gene Baur, my interview with Gene this week!
10. And while we're on the subject of interviews, my first interview in June with Annie and Dan Shannon, creators of The Betty Crocker Project!
10. Dining on a traditional Cambodian dessert - plantains and tapioca in a coconut cream sauce - at The Elephant Walk in Boston.
11. Planning my trip to Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary's June Jamboree next month.
12. VegNews beautiful feature on Animal Sanctuary rescue stories at the Pigs Peace Sanctuary in Stanwood, Washington.
13. "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- The Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.
What are your reasons to smile today?