Bella tries the Soymilk...

Happy Saturday, folks! 

Last night, after this vegan pregnant lady passed out cold, Matt made a promise with Bella - that they would try their morning cereal with soymilk for the first time. Bella - an avid fan of drinking cow's milk - decided to try something new, as long as her dad promised to take the first bite at the same time as her.  

Well... they did indeed try it, and Bella's response was,

"This tastes exactly the same to me."

I then let out what can only be described as a victorious battle cry...

... Because it really is the little things that can make someone's Saturday. 

I'm amazed by how open both Matt and Bella are to trying the new foods I introduce them to. It's been an incredibly humbling experience to remember what I was like before I went vegan, and to see them make small changes whenever Bella stays with us. 

It brings me back to that first year of going vegan. Really the first month, to be exact. I had switched over my morning coffee and cow's milk to coffee and soymilk. I remember trying it for the first time... and absolutely hating it. But I had made a promise - that I would honor animals by making positive changes in my diet and lifestyle to protect them. And so I continued to try the soymilk in my coffee for one month. By the end of the month, I had fallen in love with the taste of soymilk. It opened up my world to have this experience - what else had I been cutting myself off from doing or having because, upon first try, I wasn't satisfied? Now, I'm a vegetable-loving, tofu-guzzling, animal rights fact-spouting, happy, happy vegan. It's been a really fun ride. 


On a side note, our baby is growing beautifully. We are officially at 17 1/2 weeks, and beyond the occasional bout of feeling tired, I'm doing awesome. I absolutely love that my vegan lifestyle has translated to a pretty easy going pregnancy. 

"Don't wait for a better world. Start now to create a world of harmony and peace. It is up to you, and it always has been. You may even find the solution at the end of your fork."
- Sharon Gannon

Comments