The 4th annual terrific thanksgiving turkey pledge!

At Farm Sanctuary's Animal Acres, 2013.
Hello friends!

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and with that, the hustle and bustle of finding just the right food to display on the table for everyone to munch on. Stuffing! Mashed Potatoes! Cranberry sauce out of a can! Hey, you can take the girl out of New Jersey, but you can't take the New Jersey out of the girl...



This Thanksgiving, Steve and I will be eating plenty of yummy homemade food with tons of veggie friends at a very fun vegan pot luck here in LA, and I couldn't be happier. 

This year, I am challenging you - YES YOU! - to 

Kiss Me, I'm Vegan's



4th ANNUAL TERRIFIC THANKSGIVING 

TURKEY PLEDGE!!!

We've done this fun tradition since 2010 with fabulous success - reaching between 60-95 pledges on the blog each year. However, 2013 is special. This is the year that you - YES YOU! - help us get OVER 100 PLEDGES of compassion for a cruelty-free Thanksgiving.

Here's how it goes:

In the comment section below, 


please make a firm commitment NOT 



to eat turkeys this Thanksgiving.  

You can say something as simple as "No turkey for me!" or as long as "I would never dream of consuming turkeys because they're too cute to eat, pass the tofurky please!" 

I know we can get an all-time high for the turkeys this year! And don't worry - you can be a vegan, vegetarian, or meat-eater-slowly-transitioning-to-kissworthy-vegan and still post a comment below. 

AND PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH JUST ABOUT ANY FRIEND YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON!

Here’s to a delicious, compassionate 
holiday season.

For vegan Thanksgiving recipe ideas, check out 2010's holiday post, Forks Over Knives' holiday menus #1 & #2, and if you haven't yet, give a Tofurky roast a whirl. I was skeptical at first, but oh my goodness are they amazing!

Comments

Lolly said…
No turkey for me!
I've been meat free since 1993!

~Lolly
No turkey for me! There won't be one on our table either.
Jabari said…
Tofurkey all the way!!!
Anneka said…
Tofu nuggets for me and my family!
DanT said…
I promise I will not be consuming and of my feathered friends this Thanksgiving, or any day for that matter.
MollyG said…
(I don't think my previous comment attempt worked, so I'm trying again!) I will never, ever eat any turkey friends on Thanksgiving, or any other day of the year. Friends, NOT FOOD!
veganelder said…
I will not harm anyone, including a turkey.
KyleeLynn said…
A kinder Thanksgiving- No turkey for me!!!
Lindsay Wolf said…
I, Lindsay Wolf, pledge this Thanksgiving and every Thanksgiving forward, to not consume a single turkey ever again, and with that, any other animal. Happy Thanksgiving readers!
Amber said…
This is my 12th vegetarian Thanksgiving! Looking forward to some delicious and kind alternatives.
CurlyLocks said…
No turkey for me...starting in 2009 at the Wolf/Smith family Thanksgiving dinner in Brooklyn.
Caitlin said…
No turkey for us this year (or any other year, for that matter) and instead we decided to support Martha, a turkey from Farm Sanctuary!
Unknown said…
No Turkey for me this will be my 2nd Thanksgiving Turkey/Meat free. Maybe next year I'll be able to eat where there isn't even one on the table.
Unknown said…
Looking forward to another cruelty-free holiday!
Terri Cole said…
I'll have a delicious Turkey-less roast from Trader Joe's. No Turkey Foe Me!!!
Honey LaBronx said…
Wait, people actually eat turkeys on Thanksgiving?!?!? Okay, now I HAVE heard it all!

Nope, I'm gonna make (from scratch) Miyoko Schinner's UN-Turkey this year! WHAAAAAAAT! :D
Hazel said…
No turkey for me :)
Brian said…
For the 4th year in a row, no turkey for us! Just amazing food and gratitude and giving. I think that's the point anyway.
Beth said…
No turkey for me!
Unknown said…
Third year turkey free for me!
Anonymous said…
No Turkey for me!
I've been Vegan, Plant Based since 1979 & loving every minute of it

- Keith
Unknown said…
No turkey for me ever ever again! <3
Whitney Wolf said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney Wolf said…
About to enjoy my third vegan Thanksgiving, and fifth turkey free one!
Unknown said…
compassion, for me, extends to all of life, every day of my life. there hasn't been (for the last 8 years), and won't be, any animals in or on my body as long as i'm breathing. celebrating life for turkeys and all of Mother Earth's creatures on this coming day of gratitude and every day that deserves our gratitude. <3
Unknown said…
I lost count of how many turkeyless Thanksgiving I have had!

Just add another year to the list!
Unknown said…
No turkey for me now nor ever. Two all vegan Thanksliving celebrations planned and am so excited to be able to now have compassionate celebrations.
Nikki said…
Turkeys are my friends. I don't eat my friends.
Alexandra said…
This is my fifth completely vegan holiday season! Yay!
Anonymous said…
This Thanksgiving will be my 10th without Turkey! I love the Turkeys and I love myself too much to do that ever again!
Anonymous said…
No way. I'm with you guys. Pledged.
Anonymous said…
I wouldn't eat my friends! I'm having a cruelty free thanksliving!!
~Todd
Unknown said…
3rd year Turkey Free :). Thanks for posting this!!
Haven't had turkey on Thanksgiving since 1990 and vegan celebrations is what I will always do to show how thankful I am. Not only is it the ethical right thing to do for the animals, it helps the environment, the well-being of the planet, and has improved my own health and well-being! (: Happy Thanksgiving! (:
xoxo said…
No turkey here - trying a Gardein roast! :)
xoxo said…
No turkey here! Gardein roast. :)
Britt said…
Mark me down for 3! My husband, son and I will all be enjoying a turkey-free Thanksgiving!
Anonymous said…
Cashew Loaf over turkeys foreves!
Allison Jacobson said…
This is my fourth cruelty-free thanksgiving! I pledge to continue loving our animal friends and not eating them for as long as I live! <3
Susan W said…
No turkey - no meat - not now - not ever! All vegan party on Thursday!
Happy Plantsgiving!
Smanley said…
I will NOT eat turkey this year!! :)
Anonymous said…
I feel it's so wonderful when people have compassion for others like this.
Blogger said…
Did you know you can create short urls with Shortest and get money for every click on your shortened urls.