A Thought As You Go Through Your Day.

What if we made a daily promise to consciously celebrate every single compassionate choice we make?

What if we showered people who aren’t vegan with encouragement and appreciation for exactly who they are at exactly this moment? 


What if we gave the gift of love and appreciation to situations where we feel judged or condemned for our lifestyle?

What if we remained ever hopeful, ever present, and ever grounded in the possibility of the world going vegan, one open heart at a time? 

Today, I challenge you, my beautiful, kiss-worthy readers, to step down off of the activist soap box we sometimes absentmindedly climb atop when we feel injustice and offense. I challenge you today not to preach to others, but to rather listen and accept with a positive, loving spirit. I challenge you to appreciate those who need appreciation, encourage those who need encouragement, and give endless amounts of compassion to those who surprisingly need compassion the most - the people who have not yet realized how deep their own compassion flows.

And if you didn’t already know it, please remember - I encourage you, I appreciate you, and I wish for you compassion as you tread along your own vegan journey. 

“I shall pass this way but once; any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.”
- from How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie


Comments