Chef Leeloos

Okay, I've never been the kind of person to enjoy pre-made meals or meal services. I come from a long history of dieting, eating poorly made (and poorly flavored) Jenny Craig mini meals or counting the calories of a veggie through Weight Watchers. Now, thankfully, I can safely say that my dieting days are over, and with that, overly processed, pre-packaged meals!

Recently, I learned about an awesome chef who defies anything you thought you knew about meal services: Chef Leeloo of Leeloo's Personal Chef Service. Leeloo's is a Southern California-based service that not only provides five days worth of fresh, delicious, colorful meals to your door, but every meal is entirely vegan! Chef Leeloo was kind enough to allow me to sample three days worth of meals before I leave the West Coast today, and it was an experience that completely and utterly rocked my world, because - for the first time, I got to enjoy at-home meals that tasted homemade (because Chef Leeloo makes them that way!), but I didn't have to lift a single pan to make them. Vegan foodie bliss.  

Chef Leeloo's food was so yummy that I decided to make him my new sponsor!

 
After sampling a variety of what Chef Leeloo provided, I questioned whether I would ever cook again (okay, I decided I would, but still!) - that's how delicious this food was. My favorites included the Greek Meatballs and Bulgur, the Eggplant Cannoli, the Sun-dried Tomato Tapenade, and the Pastisada. Each main course or lunch dish includes a protein, grain, and veggie to satisfy even the most finnicky eater. Are these vegan meals enough to make your carnivorous friend or family member question their eating habits? You betcha!

Chef Leeloo's mission statement is clear, as described on his website:

I define gourmet cuisine as delicious cuisine, made from premium ingredients, presented artistically, that nourishes your body to optimize energy.  My clients are focused on Life, and I provide them with more time, energy, and focus to enjoy. 

Chef Leeloo works hard to provide healthy, yet filling, meals to the masses, and he has already found a huge fan in this vegan blogger.

If you haven't already bought holiday gifts for your family and you live in the So Cal area, why not provide a loved one with a week of satisfying, delicious vegan food to show you care? Sample weeks start at $220, and if money is tight for you this year, you could either go in on the week with a friend or spouse, or if giving a gift, make it come from a group of family members. I'm seriously considering doing another week, especially because with the way my life works, sometimes I'm at home and easily able to cook, and sometimes, I'm just plain exhausted. How wonderful to know that all I have to do is take a wholesome, homemade meal out of the fridge and pop it into the oven! Steve and I don't have a microwave, but if you do own one, heating these dishes is even easier. 

The best news about Chef Leeloo is that now since he's the new KMIV sponsor, we'll be hearing about him regularly on the blog! All the more reason to celebrate this amazingly creative and talented chef.

Wanna learn more? Just visit www.chefleeloos.com

And definitely let us know on here if you give Chef Leeloo a try!

P.S. I want to wish everyone a warm and happy holiday and New Year! I'll be home on the East Coast for a while to celebrate, and then it's off to Italy for Steve and my honeymoon (a year in the making!). I may not be blogging until I get back in January, so a big internet hug and smooch from the KMIV family, and definitely stay tuned for some awesome posts to come in the new year, including more podcasts, our much anticipated road-trip blog, interviews, and more!

Comments

Have a safe and wonderful trip!!
dirtyduck said…
Eggplant Cannoli...nice!

hey have fun on your honeymoon! didnt know you had been waitng so long! Merry Christmas to you both!
Lindsay Wolf said…
Thanks ladies! Happy Holidays to you too!
Jill said…
Chef Leeloss sounds awesome! We need more chefs and meal services like this! It's always nice to have quick and easy meals, as to avoid leftovers, before heading out of town. Happy honeymooning!