Reasons to Smile
Who can't smile at a cute little goat peeking at you from behind a shed?
1. Two weeks without coffee! I've been trying to transition from coffee to tea (to lower my caffeine intake), and I can honestly say that the chai tea with rice milk I'm currently sipping is well worth it.
2. Daiya Cheese. If you've never had this crazy awesome vegan cheese before, you need to order it online right now! I used it all during the holidays, and it was a dream come true for this vegan.
3. Speaking of the holidays - remembering Christmastime. My mom just gets better and better each year about welcoming my vegan lifestyle into our family home. This past Christmas, she had a handmade menu posted in the dining room with our holiday food selection, which included vegan meatballs (topped with Daiya!), portabello mushroom fillets with horseradish sauce, and a variety of vegan holiday cookies. Yum!
4. Vegan Treats, for making Steve and I this gorgeous wedding cake.
5. The Vegan Noodle Kugel Steve made for my Step-mom and Dad's Hanukkah party. (Recipe by Colleen Patrick Goudreau, The Vegan Table)
6. PETA's "Map of Accomplishments" for 2009. Seeing how much has been accomplished for the animals suffering needlessly is amazing to behold.
7. Giving a cow a much-needed scratch on his forehead.
8. One of Steve's friends recently reading Skinny Bastard, and his decision to take a vegan pledge because of the effect it had on him.
9. Alicia Silverstone and her wonderful book, The Kind Diet. This book has opened my eyes to an even larger world of vegan food - who knew that miso soup could be magical?
10. Tempeh Reubens. With vegan potato salad.
(I wish I could eat this picture!)
What are your reasons to smile today?