Buy a cute shirt, and help me realize my dream!

At a party recently, a friend was telling me about a recent conversation she had with her mom where she was discussing how she was feeling stagnant about her life and what she was doing with it. Her mom gave her some great advice - she said, "This is it. This is your life. This is the only chance you're going to get." Her mom went on to say that she better begin to make active choices for her own happiness, rather than wait for life to happen to her. My friend has since then taken her life's course into her own hands and has begun living more purposefully as a result.


It got me thinking - I love food. I love animals. Why not spend time working to combine my two loves for a greater purpose? And food activism was the lightbulb that went off in my head. 


I have a dream one day that has been in my heart for a while now- to open a vegan cupcake shop and a small farm animal sanctuary, and to have this place be a source of peace and love for all who enter its doors. I have a dream of being able to work to spread the good news of what a vegan lifestyle can do for your life.  I have a dream of being able to work for a cause so much greater than myself.


So, here is a step in the right direction, I hope. I have decided to take a vegan baking intensive in February - a series of classes that would culminate with a certificate of completion. The only thing standing in my way? The cost of the course, which is twelve hundred and forty bucks. 


The solution? I've created a tee-shirt shop: http://www.kissmyvegan.spreadshirt.com. All you have to do is purchase a tee-shirt, and $5 of your purchase goes directly towards my tuition for the intensive. I designed the shirts myself, and frankly, I'm really stoked about them!


Thank you so much everyone for your endless support - I couldn't do it without you. Even if you can't purchase a shirt, the fact that you're following this blog means the world to me.  In a way, your support is already helping me realize my dream. And that's pretty awesome.

Comments

Melanie said…
that's very cool. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. If I had the money available right now I'd buy a shirt. They are really cute.
Jen Treehugger said…
They're awesome. I LOVE them. I would buy one but I am skinto. Your friends mum is very wise and her words affected you to take a positive step towards your dreams as well. I wish you every success